Blog has moved!


The Barefoot Chronicles blog has moved to Jason's main site:


Barefoot Running University.

New posts as of 2010 have moved to the new address. Please update your links and blogroll.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Wednesday, July 1st, 2009

  • Yesterday marked the first long run of my training cycle- 21.2 miles. I added three miles at the gym. I would like to have added a few more miles, but the distance will suffice for now.
  • I just finished reading "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. Hands down, it is the best running book I have ever read. McDougall tells a story of a race between a handful of elite ultrarunners and the Tarahamura Indinas of Copper Canyon, Mexico. The author cleverly makes a case for several significant scientific theories related to running by weaving the data into the story. He discusses the evolutionary theory of humans developing as a running species (the Running Man Theory), the dangers of modern running shoes, the importance of mental attitude, diet, etc. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY RUNNER, especially those interested in barefoot running or ultramarathons. Click on image in the right column to order from Amazon.com!
  • I think I will be migrating this site to my own server. Google Pages, while simple and free, will be moving to Google Sites very soon. I have toyed with the new format, and do not especially like it. Moving to my own server will allow great design freedom. There will be an address change as part of the migration process. I will post the new info as soon as it becomes available.
  • I have added a "Donate" button to the site. If you find my site useful and would like to donate to help keep it running, I would be very grateful! Any amount would be tremendously helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment