Blog has moved!


The Barefoot Chronicles blog has moved to Jason's main site:


Barefoot Running University.

New posts as of 2010 have moved to the new address. Please update your links and blogroll.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday, July 19th

  • I'm about 90% recovered, if it is possible to measure such recovery. I am now able to run pain-free... it's a great feeling! The running has been going well. At the end of this week, I should amass around 45-50 miles. I will be adding miles as the weeks wear on, ultimately peaking around 90 or so three weeks before the Hallucination 100 miler. It looks like I will not be running the Marquette 50 miler. The logistics of going to the race will make it an impossibility. I would have liked to test out my gear, food, and hydration strategies in race conditions. I will have to settle for a series of long runs on the local trails.
  • I am planning on running the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival 5k or 10k this weekend. It will either be my first 5k in two years, or my first 10k ever. As of right now, I am leaning towards the 10k. Hopefully I will be able to run that distance at a fast pace with minimal blisters. Based on the results of the Seaway Run a few weeks ago, I should be able to finish under 44 minutes without too much effort. I am setting a goal time of 42 minutes. I will have to run somewhat conservatively as I have another 19 miles scheduled later that day (long run). We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment